Our future is urgently threatened by climate crisis. Higher education institutions must become brave climate leaders in our societies by practice what they teach us about climate science and the Paris Agreement.
Mobilise, organise and strengthen students’ initiatives and organisations to impact higher education institutions (HEI) to reduce their green house gas (GHG) emissions in line with climate science and the Paris Agreement.
- Reduce HEIs’ GHG emissions in industrial countries to:
- 50 percent by the end of 2022 (16 percent per year starting 2019)
- net zero by 2030.
These figures stem from not surpassing a global warming of 1.5 degrees, taking climate equity into account and not relying on negative emission technologies. Read more
- Support and collaborate with students’ initiatives and organisations
- Develop international and national action papers for HEIs
- Promote science based climate action together with scientists
- Have network meetings for sharing resources and knowledge
Our movement was founded in April 2020 by students active in the Climate Students Sweden’s association. A group of five international coordinators are our steering committee that is responsible for:
- Support our start ups and members
- Facilitate our network meetings
- Coordinate our international campaigns
- Develop our framework and dialogue tools
- Represent our movement
Apply for membership?
We invite national and international students organisations to apply for membership in our movement. Together, we can mobilise to a global movement that can have a greater impact and reduce HEIs’ emissions faster.
Interested to start up?
We welcome all students to start their own local Climate Students group. You can call it a Climate Students group or use another name. Contact our international coordinators if you are interested to know more.
Join our network!
Every month, we have international network meetings that are open for all students in the world. You find the events for the meetings on Facebook. It is great opportunities for us to share resources and knowledge to become stronger together.